Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1) - Lori Foster,  Jim Frangione
★★★★✩ (This is a review of the audiobook.) I haven’t been a big fan of Jim Frangione's narration in the past; I think it is his cadence. Nevertheless, I love this author, so I gave him another try. He does a nice enough job here; not a lot of differentiation, and with his deep voice, it is hard for him to do the women. I will probably go on with the series on audio, so he wasn't awful.

I have always called Lori Foster my “Iron Woman.” She doesn't receive many five stars from me; but then she rarely gets less than four stars. I like her Romantic Suspense; they don’t have me biting my nails, nor give me nightmares. Still, they get my heart beating faster and have me creeping toward the edge of my seat. The emphasis is more on the Romance. Her stories are great and make it easy for me to identify with the heroine.

I usually like her characters, and Detective Logan Riske and Pepper Yates (AKA Sue Meeks) didn’t disappoint. I don’t blame Pepper for wanting to reveal her real personality. Five years is a long time to play a role, especially one that is the opposite of your nature. I don’t blame her for falling for Logan, either. In order to find out who killed his partner, he is under the guise of a construction worker. I’ve always had a thing for a well-built man in a tool-belt. He is trying to seduce Pepper in order to find out her brother's whereabouts. But, Lord help this guy when Pepper finds out he has deceived her.

Out on Audio
[bc:Run the Risk|17379573|Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1)|Lori Foster|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1361086917s/17379573.jpg|19113332]